OPEN TO: All Azerbaijan Citizen University Students
POSITION: DTRO Office Intern
OPENING DATE: July 09, 2019
CLOSING DATE: July 23, 2019
WORK HOURS: Part time; 20-30 hours/week
LENGTH OF HIRE: Six months
IMPORTANT NOTICE: This is NOT an offer of Federal Employment;
There will be NO benefits;
There will be NO COMPENSATION.
Note: All information and statement submitted for an internship vacancy are subject to verification.
- Any willful misstatement will result in elimination for internship consideration and if the individual is hired,subject to immediate termination irrespective of the length of internship.
- The U.S. Embassy in Baku is seeking individuals for an Intern position at the Defense Threat Reduction
- Agency (DTRO) office. Multiple selections may be made from this announcement.
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION
- This temporary intern position in the will support the Defense Threat Reduction Agency’s office in the
- U.S. Embassy in Baku. The Defense Threat Reduction Office (DTRO) engages with the Ministries of
- Health, Agriculture, and Defense on cooperative biological threat reduction mainly through a series of laboratories and support to scientists within Azerbaijan. Regional and international cooperation at conferences support a global mission to reduce biological threats. This position will support ongoing activities in the DTRO Office, including note taking at high level inter-governmental meetings, translating incoming and outgoing documents and correspondence with various governmental and nongovernmental agencies, assisting with the organization of events and conferences, filing documents and travel support.