SPECIALIST, STUDENT PROGRAMS AND LEARNING
This is a temporary employment position for up to 4 months.
Specialist, Student Programs and Learning reports to the Manager of Student Services assisting and running student service learning and leadership programs.
- A bachelor’s degree in business administration, public administration, educational administration, student services administration or a closely related field;
- 2-3 years of work experience in educational environment with the focus on student affairs and student support programs;
- Proven competence in administration and organization of work-flow;
- Proficiency in Azerbaijani and English, Russian is a plus;
- Effective communicator, flexible and with positive attitude;
- Well-developed approach to details and timely actions, high ability of organization and planning;
- Service-oriented with a great sense of ethics and norms;
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse student population;
- Demonstrated organizational skills with attention to detail;
- Must be proficient with MS Office Suite.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Providing opportunities for students to develop leadership skills and individual responsibility through participation and leadership in student activities and organizations;
- Offering trainings to develop vital life and soft skills for the better community engagement and service;
- Guiding and working with students to develop arts and cultural programs;
- Advising and liaising with student governments and student clubs on various extra-curricular learning and development programs;
- Designing and carrying out student outside the classroom leadership development programs, trainings on social conduct, diversity, ethics, moral and norms;
- Encouraging student involvement in community service/volunteer activities via social-responsibility projects;
- Running and overseeing regular community service and leadership events. Establishing institutional annual activities/events to landmark the institution campus life;
- Designing and implementing innovative extra –curricular developmental programs that are not directly provided by the academic units but engages them in the learning process;
- Involving students in the enhancement of integrity and conflict resolution within the institution through various channels including effective promotion of the Code of Conduct, Honor Code and other related workshops and events;
- Helping in complimenting students' classroom learning by offering practical experiences in which students are able to explore values, career options and their leadership potential;
- Promoting student involvement and engagement in community building through volunteerism. Establishing ADA Volunteers unity;
- Offering structured opportunities for students to reflect on their community/service and understand community social issues and citizenship;
- Initiating and helping in regular evaluation and assessment the of community service learning experiences and other initiative of the Unit;
- Marketing and organizing programs and events, running all related logistic aspects;
- Ensuring alignment of all service learning opportunities with the academic programs through cooperative efforts with the faculty and the Academic Affairs at a whole;
- Participating in orientation and induction programs. Helping with programing and logistics;
- Maintaining regular calendar of events and planned activities throughout each semester;
- Referring students to extra trainings provided off-campus if required for their better social and leadership skills development;
- Reporting to the Manager of Student Services on a regular basis and coordinating all necessary issues, including student grievances.
Interested candidates are requested to submit, preferably in Word or PDF format, attached to an e-mail message: (1) a letter of interest specifying suitability for the position, when available and minimum expected salary (in AZN), (2) an updated resume and (3) the names, email and business addresses of at least 3 references.
Send materials via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org specifying the Job Title in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The cut-off date for application is July 25, 2019.
ADA University offers a competitive remuneration package and attractive conditions of employment of high standard. For more information about ADA University, please visit www.ada.edu.az/jobs