Job type: Full time
- 08:00 – 17:00 I-V
- 08:00-16:00 VI .
- studying, researching and planning various styles of furniture design
- finding ways to improve furniture items already manufactured
- staying informed about design trends and developments
- selecting suitable materials, which might include wood, metal, plastic and textiles
- discussing designs with clients for custom ordering or with manufacturers
- generating sample designs using computer-aided design (CAD), card models, sketches or hard prototypes
- using software packages
- preparing detailed final designs
- liaising with craftsmen or production department staff - such as production managers, marketing staff and design engineers - about the process of construction or manufacture
- evaluating issues such as pricing and fixing costs, fashion, purchasing, safety, materials and manufacturing methods and techniques
- using various tools to complete projects from raw materials to finished furniture items
- organising plans and schedules with respect to the availability of resources.
- 3+ years of experience in furniture production
- creative and practical ability
- drawing skills and strong visual awareness
- manual dexterity and good hand-eye coordination
- knowledge of industrial processes and techniques, safety issues and specialist fields or materials
- communication skills
- commercial focus
- self-motivation, self-discipline and persistence
- flexibility and adaptability
- the ability to work to deadlines
- collaborative skills, particularly if working in a multidisciplinary practice
- a desire to keep up to date with market trends and new ideas.
Please, send your CV/Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com with "Architect" subject.