Specialist, International Student Affairs and Exchange
This position reports to the Director of the Office of Global Outreach and Partners supporting and running study abroad programs.
Responsibilities - The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assisting in designing and implementing high-quality exchange programs for ADA University students;
- Advertising and promoting study abroad programs on campus and within ADA community;
- Assisting students in the choice of a study abroad program that fits their needs and contributes to their education at ADA;
- Encouraging students from under-represented groups to participate in study abroad programs;
- Organizing and running effective selection and nominations for exchange programs;
- Continuously communicating with partner institutions over criteria for exchange student, program preferences, logistics, and other related issues;
- Organizing and running pre-departure orientation programs for students, including support with cultural and cross-cultural awareness development;
- Encouraging students to research the country they will be traveling for an exchange program;
- Acting as a liaison between hosting institution and ADA University. Ensuring that students will have an arrival induction with the local resident to acquaint with the new culture, law, safety and program policies;
- Assessing on regular basis student learning and satisfaction with study abroad programs;
- Providing outgoing exchange students will all necessary information and contacts, local resources and other emergency response information;
- Organizing study abroad fairs to offer opportunities to the broader population of students at ADA University;
- Assisting students with documentation, visa processing and logistic issues when preparing for a study abroad program;
- Providing individual and group discussions on issues facing students studying abroad. Organizing meeting of former exchange students with the newly selected students;
- Directing students to consult and discuss credit transfers and differences in academic requirement between the home school and the abroad school for students to receive credit with their School Academic Advisors;
- Organizing re-entry activities for returning domestic students.
- Successfully completed higher education (min Bachelor degree in Social Sciences or Education);
- Minimum 1-2 years of administrative experience, preferably in University setting;
- Knowledge and understanding of student psychology, international travel regulations, exchange programs;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in Azerbaijani and English (Russian is a plus);
- Customer service orientation and strong ethical skills;
- Experience of studying or living abroad;
- Proficiency with technology and basic computer programs.
Interested candidates are requested to submit, preferably in Word or PDF format, attached to an e-mail message: (1) a letter of interest specifying suitability for the position, when available and minimum expected salary (in AZN), (2) an updated resume and (3) the names, email and business addresses of at least 3 references.
Send materials via e-mail to email@example.com specifying the Job Title in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The cut-off date for application is January 20, 2019.
ADA University offers a competitive remuneration package and attractive conditions of employment of high standard. For more information about ADA University, please visit www.ada.edu.az