OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates
WORK HOURS: Full Time; 40 hours/week
SALARY: $18,234 per annum (gross salary)
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITION:
The position is wholly responsible for duties normally associated with the title of Chef, including but not limited to
- Prepare and cook all types of food in differing quantities, including pastry, for small dinners to largecocktail receptions;
- Prepare soups, sauces, stocks, etc. from scratch using local ingredient;
- Create a modern kitchen facility that uses equipment resources efficiently;
- Meet, and where possible exceed, expectations for consistent, quality, healthy cuisine;
- Ensure preparation, presentation, and cooking techniques are performed at the highest level;
- Maintain the highest possible standard of hygiene to meet Health & Safety regulations;
- Cultivate a positive work environment where learning and personal development are benchmarks bywhich quality improvement is driven.
- Liaise with all sections of the U.S. Embassy and maintain open lines of communication;
- Respect the U.S. Embassy’s commitment to the environment (saving energy, reducing waste, using organic
- Shop for food with thorough records of purchases and effective food cost control;
- Perform other duties as assigned and all tasks within a timely manner.
All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information
supporting each item.
- Completion of secondary school is required;
- Solid work experience as a Chef is required. Hospitality and catering experience is a plus;
- Fluency in written and spoken English, Russian and Azerbaijani is required;
- Knowledge of modern cooking techniques that focus on healthy, nutritious, and elegant meals are required;
- Attention to detail, enthusiasm, good interpersonal skills, and ability to work in a team are required;
- Knowledge of hygienic work requirements.
Interested candidates for this position must submit the following for consideration of the application:
1. A current resume or curriculum vitae;
2. Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards) that addresses the qualification
requirements of the position as listed above.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO
Hard copies: U.S. Embassy Baku, Human Resources Office
Address: 111 Azadlig Prospect,
Baku AZ1007, Azerbaijan
Or electronic copies:
POINT OF CONTACT