- Verification and reconciliation of general ledger balances, including debtors and creditors ledgers;
- Verification and reconciliation of general ledger’s tax balances such as sales/purchase tax account, VAT account, corporate income tax, withholding tax, etc.;
- Posting of period-end journal entries;
- Undertaking month-end/year-end close process;
- Preparation and submission of management accounting reports, as may be required by client;
- Control of cash flow and bank balances;
- Maintenance of fixed asset register, including depreciation calculation;
- Maintenance of inventory records;
- Maintenance of error-free trial balance and reconciliation of entries made during a period;
- Assistance with reconciliation of tax and GAAP GL balances;
- Assistance with the preparation of financial statements;
- Review and approval of submitted error logs;
- Plan, direct and coordinate work activities of subordinates;
- Plan, assign and oversee tasks carried out by accounting assistants and bookkeepers as per established standards, internal procedures and applicable laws;
- Performance of a regular check of posting made into accounting system by subordinates;
- Carry out a regular progress meetings with project team members as may be required;
- Evaluation of subordinates staff’s performance as per set procedures and as may be required;
- Liaising with clients with regard to day-to-day routine matters;
- Participation in conference calls and meetings with clients;
- Assistance with development of accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal control of deliverables;
- Assistance with development and documenting of business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Ability to meet project deadlines;
- Keep management aware of any risks arising from mistake and error made;
- Maintenance of accurate records of time spent for project;
- Represent BDO in a professional manner at all times through punctuality & appearance;
- Stay align with BDO corporate policies and procedures;
- Stay align with Service Delivery Procedures.
- Bachelor degree in finance or math;
- 3 + years of proven experience as a financial controller, accounting supervisor, chief or senior accountant;
- Proven knowledge of accounting principles and approaches such as successful completion of exams within professional body such as ACCA, CIMA, etc.
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements;
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end closing process;
- Experience with accounting software packages, like QuickBooks, 1C: Accounting, Sage 50 Accounts, etc.
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) at the level required to fulfil job responsibilities;
- Good communication, writing and time management skills;
- Ability to work on various stages of the project;
- Intermediate level of English to be able to communicate with clients via emails, on the phone and during meetings;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Attention to detail;
- Personal ethics and integrity.
Interested candidates are requested to send their updated resumes to email@example.com with 181912 mentioned in the subject.