Job Vacancy Announcement
FINCA Impact Finance, one of the world's leading microfinance networks, provides financial services to more than one million clients through 20 wholly-owned and operated subsidiaries in Africa, Eurasia, Latin America, and the Middle East and Southern Asia, including FINCA Azerbaijan. Currently “FINCA Azerbaijan” is looking for a DATA ANALYST.
The Data Analyst will design data models, interpret data, analyze the results using statistical techniques and create reports visualizations to support decision makers. The data analyst will support IT to develop databases and data collection strategies to improve data quality and access to data.
Data Analyst’s Responsibilities Include:
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports to the Management;
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of operations, loan product, marketing techniques and business strategies;
- Collaborate with business partners to identify trends and appropriate actions to sustain and improve performance;
- Develop and implement data bases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality;
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems;
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs;
- Maintain current reports and create new reports. Make suggestions for improving data collection and analysis;
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions;
- Ability and willingness to undertake other tasks assigned by the Management of the Institution.
Required knowledge and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science or Information Management.
- Experience using analytical tools like R, Python, SAS, WPS, SQL for data analysis and statistical techniques; knowledge of MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Visio, MS Outlook);
- Experience working within Micro Finance, Banking, Mobile Network Operators or other financial services would be advantageous.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy;
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills;
- Able to manage simultaneously multiple projects involving various stakeholders and to deliver results within deadlines.
- Highly collaborative with team members and able to learn quickly
- Fluency in Azerbaijani and English, Russian would be advantageous.
- Availability to travel up to 15% of the time.
“FINCA Azerbaijan” offers a creative work environment, career opportunities and competitive compensation package with the financial services industry.
Deadline for applications is 18 November 2019
If you meet the requirements above and are confident that your background and experience qualifies you for this position, please e-mail your detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org address indicating job name DATA ANALYST in the subject line of your email. Otherwise applications may be overlooked.